Military travel to Coronado and San Diego has never been easier.
Whether you’re just visiting one of San Diego’s military bases, traveling on military business, or your family is engaged in a military relocation, La Avenida Inn offers a welcome respite. Our outstanding Coronado Island location, just seconds away from the beach and the historic Hotel del Coronado, offers all the comforts of home and provides an excellent home-base from which to explore beautiful San Diego.
We understand the challenges involved in relocating or traveling for business. Our Inn is near San Diego’s military bases and offers these important amenities:
- Free On-site Parking
- Free high-speed in-room wireless internet access
- Extended Cable TV and HBO
- Spacious guest rooms
- Each room stay includes a daily selection of pastries, coffee and tea
- Free local calls
- Iron and ironing board upon request
- Complimentary beach towels
- In-room refrigerator upon request
Proximity to area military installations:
- Coronado Amphibious Base: 0.76 miles
- NAS North Island Ocean Blvd. entrance: 1.1 miles
- NAS North Island main gate: 1.8 miles
- Marine Corp Recruiting Depot (MCRD): 8.7 miles
- Point Loma Submarine Base: 11.56 miles
- 32nd Street Naval Base: 4.9 miles
Per Diem Rate Qualification Guideline
We are proud to offer per diem or best available rates to all active duty and retired military personnel, as well as federal and state government employees. To qualify for government per diem rates, guests must present a valid form of identification at check-in. Acceptable forms of identification include:
- Personnel badge or ID card issued to U.S. Federal Government civilian employees
- Official Government/Military Travel Orders/Proof of Official Duty Status
- U.S. Military ID card issued to U.S. Military Personnel on Official Travel
- Common Access Card (CAC) issued to U.S. Federal Government civilian employees and U.S. Military Personnel on Official Travel (excludes CAC cards issued to contractors and retired military)
- U.S. Federal Government issued Visa, MasterCard or American Express Card.
- Federally Funded Research and Development Center (FFRDC) identification card
- Native American Tribal Government ID card
- Canadian government or active-duty military issued ID or credit card
For State and Local Government Per Diem Rates:
- State or local government issued personnel badge or ID card
- Official Travel orders on original state or local government letterhead
- For Government Rates for Countries outside the U.S. and Canada:
Please check the hotel’s rate description for details. If the rate description states that the rate is only for guests traveling on official government business, please be prepared to present travel orders when checking in.
Contact the hotel regarding eligibility and ID requirements to obtain the rate.
If for some reason you cannot provide one of these forms of identification, La Avenida Inn will provide you the Best Available Rate upon check-in.